By Frank Devine – Accelerated Improvement Ltd.
The Rapid Mass Engagement Process
The Rapid, Mass Engagement Process is Phase 1 of a 6 Phase approach.
This article explains Phase 1.
The key themes which are critical to achieving cultural transformation will be explored below:
- Typical mistakes that organisations make when they attempt to engage their workforces
- The concept of ‘motivation towards’ in contrast to ‘motivation away from’, which explains why a burning platform is not essential
- What engagement means and why it is not the same as involvement, participation or consultation
- Culture change options: ‘top down’ or ‘bottom up’?
- Why the process is Rapid and Mass
- The difference between the width and the depth of engagement and why both need to leverage each other
- How the culture changes in advance of the explicit processes designed to change it, what I call the bow wave effect
- The necessity to optimise both the Social and the Technical aspects of a system (Trist 1981)
- Why engagement alone is not enough