Technology has transformed the way we work in the 21st century. Although the removal of paper from the workplace has been slow-moving, companies are now realising the benefits of moving toward a paperless workforce.
Productivity and Profitability
A move towards a paperless factory allows manufacturers to become more productive and profitable compared to companies still operating paper-based systems. With a paperless learning strategy, factory managers and employees have access to up-revised and controlled documentation, improving efficiency while significantly reducing costs associated with managing such large amounts of information.
A Culture of Compliance
A paperless factory is better positioned to build and maintain a culture of compliance.
- Reduce costs and compliance risk
- Improve document control
- Remove storage space
- Ability to up-revise training documents
- On-the-job training and eSigning
Reducing print-related costs and improving compliance.
Maintaining and tracking paper-based documents is cumbersome and time-consuming work for managers and employees. Paper-based systems lack control and accuracy, whilst time is wasted searching for and communicating data across the factory.
The Paperless Strategy
It can be demonstrated that implementing a paperless training and compliance strategy, has a direct impact on a site’s overall compliance rate.
The ability to take training and document revision onto the factory floor, is not only saving companies valuable time and money but is helping them build a better culture of compliance.
Companies who have implemented a technology solution to monitor document control are saving up to 7 hours per day in staff time compared to paper-based processes.
- First Steps In Reducing Costs.
- Find out what you are printing now.
- Conduct a site-wide analysis on current printer usage.
- Calculate the potential cost savings
- Use a Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) to discover potential savings.
- Start digitising current paper documents.
- Scan current important documents for use with a technology system.
- Start transforming documents or work with a technology partner
- Transform documents to a cloud-based storage system.
- Implement your paperless strategy into your training program.
- Start importing training data and capturing sign-off electronically.
- Develop a reporting strategy to manage compliance.
- Start using electronic reporting features for both training and auditing requirements.
Realising The Benefits
The benefit of implementing change far outweighs the cost of using out-dated paper based methods.
A cost benefit analysis should be conducted to gauge the rate of savings across the company, considering printing, productivity and training output improvements.